The most important thing you need to realize before using any acne skin care products is that it does not work the same for every person. Because of our skin condition and the way we look, think and feel, no one acne skin care product is suitable for everyone.
Before we discuss the different types of acne skin care products, we will discuss what is Acne?
The medical definition in short is that it is caused by the inflammation of the skin. Usually, because of hormones that are released on the skin’s oil glands. They lead to pores being blocked and symptoms of pimples and zits.
Acne usually occurs on the upper part of your body such as the neck, face, back, chest and shoulders.
Though some acne cases are due to heredity, the majority of acne problems are caused by our way of life. For example, the type of food that you eat, how you clean your skin, your mental condition such as stress can all determine whether you have an acne breakout.
Types of Acne Skin Care Products
The majority of acne skin care products can be divided into 2 types. They can be taken either orally (taken like medicine) or topically (applied on the skin). There is a third type of acne skin care products which is laser treatments, but there is for serious acne cases and you will need to consult a dermatologist.
Most acne skin care products are meant to be used for long term. Don’t expect great results in a couple of days.
7 Tips To Help You Make Better Use Of Acne Skin Care Products
- Wash your face regularly. If possible, at least twice a day to keep your face fresh and clean
- If you have long hair, remember to keep it away from your face. The oils in the hair can aggravate acne. If the majority of your acne occurs near your forehead, then it may be due to your hair aggravating your acne problems.
- Drink plenty of fluids. By that I mean water, juices, not beverages and alcohol
- Sleep early and get plenty of sleep. When your body is well-rested, there is less chance of an acne breakout
- Do not squeeze pimples. When the pore is broken, bacteria can easily get in and infect the skin. Plus, it may cause permanent scarring.
- Avoid Stress. There have been studies that shows your mental health is just as important in preventing acne.
- Follow the instructions as in your acne skin care products carefully. Do not use more or less than the recommended amounts. Sometimes, it’s because we do not follow the instructions carefully therefore we do not get the maximum effects.
Most acne skin care products do work, just give it time and follow the 7 tips as above and you can be sure to be acne free.
Be sure to check out the acne skin care reviews for my top 3 acne product reviews.
acne skin care products
Leave a Reply